Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fun ideas!

I am always trying to come up with new, fun, unexpected things to get people for their birthday. It's a hard and sometimes stressful process...but soooo worth it when you see their face when they open your gift. Last week was my littlest sisters 18th birthday. I can't even believe it when I say it. She can't be 18?!?! She is such an amazing girl and has sooo much going for her. I am so excited to see where this next year takes her. So for her special "big girl" birthday, I thought it would be fun to use photography to show her how much I love her. She just redecorated her bedroom a couple months ago, and has a really fun and funky theme going on. One thing about Emily is, she doesn't settle on just one style and doesn't like the traditional looks. She has her own taste and WORKS IT! Her new room is awesome and shows her style throughout. I wanted to get her something for her new room that fit her style but added a new flair! Since photography and design are my passion....I was so excited to try something new. I have always loved Andy Warhol's famous painting with the four squares in different colors, and the same image inside each square being a contrasting color. I KNEW Em would love it and that it would pop in her new room. I was so excited when it turned out awesome! =)

The best part about this gift was that it was easy and I didn't have to go out and buy something! I used what I had and added a little creativity to make something special and unique. I love homemade gifts and love to give people things that I create. I challenge you to try to come up with something made by you and your creativity! (yes you can be creative) It's so rewarding when someone LOVES your gift, but so much more if you created it yourself! So start now, and come up with your own design. 

No comments:

© 2009 'One-column photo blog' by HUGE photo blog